Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pray For Our Nation

The Presidental Election of 2008 has offically come to a close, and without hesitation... my heart has shed some tears. Our "United States Of America" has officially been thrown to the wolves, and the "American people" are so oblivious to the fact. This is truly a moment in history, a moment I don't want to claim! How can we, as "The American People" stoop so low to offer such adoration and respect for such a individual? Where has our American dream gone to? Our Love for this country? The foundation that our forefathers built this country on?
*
"Our American people" (and I hate to even say this now), have slapped our forefathers, not lightly, but very strongly, with great power in the face. This action, I am not PROUD of. If only the "American People" realized how detrimental this choice will be for our future.
*
We, (or I) don't understand others decisions/choices /reasonings that were made for this election, but EVEN SO..... The GOD that I've been brought up to serve, to live my life by, IS UNDER CONTROL regardless of this election!!!!! He is our PAST, our PRESENT, and our FUTURE regardless of being pushed out of EVERYTHING. He WILL reign over ALL someday, and this is one hope we, as believers can hold onto!
*
Let us not cease to pray, but continue to pray ernestly.

6 comments:

onthepc24_7 said...

Yes How can we say "God bless us" when we can see what the ppl picked. Obama will not be what we need...he will get what he wants. I can see were we will be going and it will not be good.

Leah & Jon said...

Just reminds me of two things. 1) God still allows free will and 2) when Israel insisted on having their own way via a king.

It doesn't make it any better for those of us who did our best to keep this from happening, but our nation as a whole has gotten their own way and I'm absolutely sure will get what they deserve! It's just a shame we have to get it too!

Anonymous said...

Very well stated Aimee!!!
Love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Obama is one man and can't singlehandedly wreck the nation. He would have to have the unfailing support of every democrat in the government and I guarantee you he doesn't have that. Democracy is the choice of the people..and after the last 8 years, the people decided they wanted someone different and it should come as no suprise to any of us. Does that mean we agree, no, but like it or not Obama is our president and we don't know what will happen. He could end up being the greatest president we've ever had, but to write him off and basically give up on america when he doesn't even take office for a while yet is ridiculous and paranoid.

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee - I think I got on your blog from Beka's? Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts, and how well you express them. It surprises me a little because in person you seem so quiet, yet I can almost see the "wheels" turning. :-) Yes, the election is over and we have to go on - we're instructed to "pray for those in authority.." so that's the best thing we can do. On election day when I was headed to the poles to vote, I was reminded of the song "This is My Father's World", and the phrase that says "..and though the wrong seem oh so strong, God is the Ruler yet"! and that encouraged me. Trust the Lord will make you a blessing to those you minister to, through your caring, in your field of labor. Marilyn (or Mern, as some family and friends call me) :-)

wolfwatcher said...

Its Aim! lol, very true. Perhaps America will crash hard, I think we deserve it. And maybe as were crashing, all God's children will wake up (me included, though Ive been trying to lately)and start standing up again for whats right. Amazingly good things can come out of what seems to be terrible. Definitely a good post, well see what happens.