Friday, November 21, 2008

Is it Friday Yet?

Anyone ever ask, "Is friday here yet?" If this week wasnt bad for anyone else, I'm glad. This week, especially at work, was extremely overwelming, full of stress, late nights, lack of sleep, etc.
I hate to complain... but I dont know how it could have been any worse. This was a week that I could NOT wait until friday.
*
It was thursday morning, 7:30ish when I came out to meet mom after she returned from her first job. I had been restless all night(thinking about work) and mom mentioned I looked horrible. It was then that I started venting.. and believe me I vented. I DIDN'T WANT TO DO THIS ANYMORE. I stood there in the kitchen with tears running down my checks, shaking uncontrollably. Mom never fails to say.."Aimee, Momma told you there would be days like this." When I finally calmed down, mom told me to take a tylenol PM- yes at 7:30am and go back to bed. Needless to say, that day I didnt wake up until 1:15pm... just in time to grab lunch, a shower and head back in to work.
*
I've mentioned in previous posts that nursing is very rewarding at times, and it is... but rewards aren't always granted unless hard work and somtimes stress is involved.

Overall, even though I have my VERY bad days...I wouldn't trade nursing for anything! I just feel like it somedays... =)
*
So, today... Ange and I got around and headed out on the town... grabbing lunch (before Ange had to go back to work.) THEN... I started Christmas shopping. YES, I've officially started. It seems too crazy to think its almost December again. The cold weather is here and some of us have already seen snow. The multicolored lights are coming out with Christmas carols heard in the stores. Too bad it isn't even Thanksgiving yet, but even still, I've started Christmas shopping.=)
Afterwards, I came home and did some much needed....
Things seemed to get put on the back burner and I couldnt let it get any worse. This in itself drives me nuts. Then... as soon as Dad came home from work... we headed to the


where they CREAMED the other team. Very intense, but well worth it.



















2 comments:

Lynette said...

Hope you have been able to reieve some stress by now and that your Christmas shopping trip was a success.I have a start but still a long ways to go.

wolfwatcher said...

hey Aimee, I hope this weekend is extremely relaxing for you!!! I'm praying for you hardcore :-). Just so ya know, even if you have a bad hair day, your still amazing :-P. Keep that chin up!!!

As far as the Christmas shopping goes, lol, I know how you love Christmas, so I hope that was also a stress reliever. And the River rats, lol, I just seen them last night with the youth group. They won again 3 to 1! It was the first year that they've won on the superbowl, at least sense Ive been going :-P.

Have a good one, cya tuesday.