Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Every penny (+) counts

It amazes me those that throw away change like it has no worth ! I have to admit, there have been times when I found that change was more of a nusaince and took up "bulky" space in a wallet. For me, I don't like to carry it around for a great length of time. I'll pick the perfect combination of a couple quarters, nickels, dimes and a few pennies if needed to save from gaining LOADS of change from a transaction at the store, but other than that... I hate carrying change around. I've gotten to the place where I throw my change into a glass-like container, visible to the eye as more accumilates.
*
This past week, I decided seeing it was getting near the top, I would take time counting it all out. Never realized just how much time it would take to count change and place them in their designated wrappers to ship off to the bank. Fumbling around with the wrappers and my fingers for a bit, I finally seemed to get a system down which helped the process move along at a quicker pace.
*
In the end, if for nothing else... I've found that as quick as change accumilates, it's worth saving your pennies (+) for a rainy day!



$89.00 later

5 comments:

Angie said...

See I knew that was just about the amount left that I owe you.... =) I am sure I have contributed to that pile of change at some point in my life.. =)

Leah & Jon said...

Aim we have a similar pile of wrapped change sitting at our house. Trouble is now we rarely have much change because we use our debit cards for everything! I never carry cash.

Becky said...

We used to save ALL our change and not use it for anything and then I would cash it in before we went on vacation. A couple years worth would usually give us $100-$200 for "souvenir money". It certainly is a painless way to save a little bit of money.

The Taylors said...

Yep, I am related to two of your other commenters!! :-) We do the change thing too. Turns out it is a painless "savings plan" (on top of our real one) that lets you sock away a good bit of cash and not even miss it! (Our Momma taught us well).
I save mine presorted, i.e. quarter jar, dime jar etc. folks have recommneded Coin Star and such in place of wrapping but as painfully time consuming and a pain in the neck as it is, that some how is part of the fun!

Blogger.jinbo said...

I can not change the environment / but you can change yourself
as young, you will experience something, like love, like friendship.
no one can be happy over every day.
no one can be calm to face their own strong and weak.
we mature, is experiencing hardships.
Let us happiness, tolerance is love.
us peace of mind is understood,discount wedding dresses, is trust.
I can not change the fact that / But I can change the attitude
do not know why something is not changed.
Perhaps because they have not found a real dream.
Perhaps, still seeking that will never be perfect.
long ago,cheap wedding dresses, we vanities, fantasies, fought for the narrow target.
came time to re-look at it all the time back, think things are not urgent any
I can not change the past / But I can change now
The past is the past, will go more in the future good.
since abandoned the unnecessary burden of living a better future.
life so short, there is no reason,cheap hign neck wdding dresses, not your life.
there are too many things need you to do a lot of important people waiting for you to cherish.
Do not look back, the world is more exciting.
because I look back, I can point to the pain and tears of the road, loud and proud to say:
of view, this is my own way to come out
can not predict tomorrow / But I can hold today
"a cross section in the forest, I would like to choose one path with less footprint, so that my life would be completely different."
butyric said so.
one path with many people, become more muddy, always dusty.
why not take another route, maybe everything will be another look.
hold of their own today, tomorrow even better.
I live in a smile / it lives on in my heart smile
Let us not suppress, let it release it.
let the soul fly free, to meet the brilliant sunshine!
it soar in the blue sky and white clouds ... ... between