Friday, August 27, 2010

***My Happy 80th Birthday Cake***
(A bit confused, read previous post)
*
Don't get me wrong, Im not oblivious to the fact that there are professional cake decoraters out there. Far from my intentions... as this is very basic compared to all those. Mind you, this excels anything I ever thought I was capable of doing.. silly, I know. My luck just isnt always the best when it comes to things like this - flipping layers of cake, and hoping you can get them semi straight, balanced, and centered.
*
I got to thinking after I had decided to take on this little surprise project, that I really dont know if Ive ever made a cake like this before, let alone a cake. My dear sister usually is the one to show her creativity when it comes to desserts... and I sit back and enjoy them.
*


*


*
(For those curious, this is my own "make it up as you go" mint oreo crumb center cake) :)

No comments: