Friday, December 17, 2010

Preperations

Christmas preperations ...
*
I hesitated putting this first shot up, as I know it's quite silly, but ya have to know I was extrememly excited to have bought my very own FIRST tree!!
I went with the mindset of looking for a 5-6 footer, and came home with a 7 1/2 footer :)
Since set up, I think its just the perfect size..

*

*
Every year, by anything Ive heard, my apartment complex donates toys for children to some sort of organization. This year it happens to be for the Children at Albany Medical Hospital. I thought it was a great idea myself, and jumped on the banwaggon:) I also bought for the City Mission locally as our CDCF group did last year. It's been a real pleasure to buy, even a few things that will hopefully help make someones Christmas a bit brighter, by eleviating the financial pressure for those that truly are unable to provide for their families. Mind you, I could go on a little speal about people that technically could afford things, but rely on others for stability... Anyways, I trust they can help make a difference.



This past Tuesday, I attended a Christmas party where we each were to bring an ornament to exchange, at the minimum of 10.00, through a Chinese Grab bag. These are the 2 VERY CUTE ornaments that I recieved in return. They are "Gingerbread " ornaments..



As we continue to prepare for the holidays... lets always remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas!

2 comments:

wolfwatcher said...

Thats so awesome Aimee :-) Im glad you were able to get your own tree, and to have it turn out so perfect :-)Sounds like your having a great Christmas season! Im glad you keep the number one thing number one :-) Jesus is awesome, and Happy Birthday to Him :-)

Auntie Ru said...

I don't know how I missed your Christmas tree, it looks very nice. I am so proud of you and all you've done, not only for yourself but for others. You are an amazing young woman! Hugs!