Sunday, May 6, 2012

In Preperation for a Bundle of Love...

=)

Since last October when I recieved word that I'd be gaining a new title in the months to follow, Ive been really excited ! So often I thought that it was a dream... "Surely, my youngest sister wasnt going to be a mommy just yet.. I mean she's the YOUNGEST of all things." Reality started to set in when I saw the obvious... a small baby bump. :-) We faithfully followed the weekly updates of baby being compared to the sizes of fruits or vegetables etc. Several weeks, we took pictures to compare from the previous weeks, found that I was placing my hands on her belly to try and feel for any movements any time I saw her ( when I knew she could start feeling movement, that is). I can remember the VERY first time I felt baby move/ and better yet kick... and he kicked hard. It was then that I was reminded of how awesome God's creation is... that he would bless my sister with a little bundle of love,  one so full of life while still in the making... A precious little life just waiting for his time of arrival... It's amazing.

With the passing months and preperation of Baby Matthew Jhett, a baby shower was in order!!
A lot of time with mom....returning to SPECIFIC stores 10 (+) times/bouncing to others to compare prices, colors, etc, tiresome days/evenings as we put "life aside" to get this put all together, frequent phone conversations to discuss ideas we had,  and plenty of clutter/messes were created. My poor table for weeks was like this... and figured, why bother cleaning up when it will all come back out tomorrow...I knew this too would pass...

THANK YOU SO MUCH mom for ALL your help!



*
Some of TONS of favors that took hours to put together.

*
My gifts ready to be taken to the hall..
*
Thanks for the family support... and thanks to Auntie
and Uncle for coming early to help with last minute running arounds. Very much appreciated. :)
*
Here are several snapshots prior to the shower actually starting..
*
*
Nephew-to-be ... Amazing..
*
My parents bought Ash this glider where so many precious moments
will be spent, Im sure.

*
*
*

*
And.... then she arrives..:)
*
*

*
We asked that each family/person in attendance bring Ashley a book with a little note inside to help create more bonding memories of those that came when he's old enough to have interest in books, instead of buying a card...

*
Jackie taking charge with some games... with Ashley Taber the winner of this one in particular.
*
It's a SOUR pacifier...
*
Ryan's side of the family from Florida/Oklahoma that came..

*
After all was said and done... Ash requested a few pregnancy pictures outside...
It was extremely windy/cold...
*
*
*
*

*
Come Sunday afternooon, Poor ash about had enough...
*
TODAY, Ashley is 35 weeks... shes looking forward to this being  over with... well, the pregnancy part of it... and then the fun begins:)

We are ALL looking forward to the arrival of a bouncy boy into our family...
*
Aunt Aimee cannot wait to spoil him either ;)


2 comments:

Auntie said...

Beautiful writing and pictures. You and mom did a wonderful job on the shower. I am so glad I could come. Won't be long now and little Matthew will be being passed around to all the loving arms! Mine will be there as well. ;-) A true bundle of love and joy!

Cheryl A Myers said...

Mom said....What a beautiful job you've done on this site Aimee! I love the pictures! I am anxious for his arrival!