Sunday, April 26, 2015

Sunday Afternoon Coffee...


Making time to have a cup or two of coffee and chat with my love is quality time for me... The weekends especially are the perfect time for this to happen! 


So, today our conversations consisted of several topics, but one of them being about Europe. :-) During this time, excitement is in the air as we make preparations for a lifetime experience in my book, to Europe. Yup, we are making it happen this year, and I can hardly believe it! Having never been off this continent leaves much to my imagination of what I will experience, what sights I will take in, and all the stories I will bring back from this. I wouldn't be honest if I said that I didn't have any fears, but I know that with this great opportunity that, unfortunately not everyone will get to experience, will exceed and hopefully soften my fears I have. 

I have never been on a flight more than 5 1/2 hours and now will have to experience about an 11 hour flight one way. Sometimes, while here in San Diego, I feel like a minority due to the language barrier, but at least there are PLENTY of English speaking people around, still. It will be interesting when attempting to communicate within some of these countries we go to. Because so few people will be able to communicate with us at times, I guess I also struggle with "trusting" the people around us. We will be using several forms of transportation to get around too, which I am not use to.... Subways, trains, more flights, taxis, on foot.... I try to pretend I will just be traveling between the states here, but for some reason it just doesn't seem the same... I know that focusing on these fears will take away from my experience, so I'm trying hard to set those aside and make the best of everything. :-) I mean, it likely will be my once in a lifetime opportunity to go to Europe!

For so many reasons, it  makes sense to take advantage of this Europe trip next month! Our potential itinerary hasn't been fully planned out yet, but we are working on it... We will being going to Paris, France for sure, some possible cities in Spain (Madrid & Barcelona), Switzerland (Zurich & Murren) and Italy ( Venice & Naples)! 


It all kind of seems like a dream... a dream that will become reality soon!

:-) 

No comments: