Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yes, I'm 24

I can't believe another year has come and gone so quickly. It's a bit scary to say the least! Im reflecting back over this past year and remember some very rewarding, exciting, stressful, emotional, risk taking times, but through them all, I feel as if Im a stronger individual because of them. We never know just what we will face each and everyday, but as long as we do our best, take one step at a time, and make the best at what comes our way... who can go wrong?!
***
I want to thank all the special people in my life for helping to mold me into the individual that I've become. Without each and everyone of you, I wouldnt be where I am today. Thanks for all the strength and encouragement, love & support given along the way. Without each other, life doesn't have much meaning!
TO ME!


At work, the nursing staff tries to give you a day off either on your birthday or as close as possible to it, as long as there is sufficient staff to cover. I thought "wednesday" was going to be my "birthday cut call," seeing I knew there was no chance of getting thursday off due to scheduling. Well, I did get "cut" today.. but nothing was mentioned about it being my birthday cut call. It sounded more like... the census was low and they didnt have a choice but to cut me. I recently went full time at work, hoping to avoid some of these cut calls. The facility starts with Per diem, then part time and fulltime last! Needless to say, I was kinda shocked to be getting cut... so however it goes.. whether it was a birthday cut or not.. I treated it as such! I needed a break from work as it has been a nightmare all week.

***

Now, that Im working today.. it looks like going out to dinner, birthday cake (of my choice) etc wont be able to happen until next week sometime. This weekend, people from all over the country will be coming in to help celebrate my Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary & 50 years of Ministry (seeing Grandpa is retiring next month as Conference Presdient). Family has been coming in this week to start putting everything together for their special day... so.. on my free time, I'll be helping where I can! Unfortunately, I didnt get that day off from work..so feel as if I need to be involved as much as possible when I can. Hopefully I can get some pictures of the events this weekend & will post them when I can.

****

Oh, by the way... HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEFFRY LYNN... I will always be 4 min older than you... even if I don't look it. Hope you have a great day!

1 comment:

onthepc24_7 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AIM!!!!!!!! You are now older then me! I hope you had a great day! Lots of luv! Heather