Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Life...

Life is what we make of it! I've realized moreso these past couple years just how quickly life passes us by. Sometimes it's scary to say the least. I find myself evaluating life at different levels through different moments of time. What have I accomplished? What do I have to show for myself? Where am I reaching out to help others? ETC.

******

I find life is worth far more than just going to work, eating and sleeping. We need to make time for ourselves. Time is a priceless gift, and if we waste it without smelling the flowers along the way, it's sad to say... but it's our own fault. This is why when I get the opportunity to try something new, even if it's completely out of my comfort zone, I attempt to do it. A short while ago, my best friend and I decided to do some rock climbing. I knew it would take some strength and energy, but I was bound to try. I've been trying to workout hard at the gym, hoping it would pay off a great deal. To my suprise (well not really), I struggled a bit, regardless of how much time was put in at the gym. It was a bit embarrassing to say the least, when you had people below you.. cheering you on. YOU CAN DO IT. YOU'RE DOING GREAT. Etc. My biggest fear was falling, and the more I thought about it, the quicker I felt my strength run out of me. It's actually a very weird feeling. In the end, I was glad I went. It was another thing to add to my list of things I've done, and would gladly do it again.

*******
I love caves.
The formations of rock over time are very fascinating to say the least. Some people would be too closterphobic for some close/ tight corners. The ones Ive visited havent been too bad, actually. Our tour guide took along some flash lights for us on our way back out of the cave. In order to conserve electricity, once we got to a certain point, the lights behind us would go off, and a new set would go on. No problem there for me, but on the way back, the tour guide gave us the option to have all lights off without having flash lights, lights out with flash lights, or scrap the flashlight plan and stick with lights on. My personal opinion was... there was no way I wanted to feel my way thoughout a cave without a light. Some of the paths were a bit narrow, water on the sides, little bridges along the way etc. Just to show us how dark everything would be, the tour guide did shut out all lights for a moment and had us see if we could see our finger in front of us. NOTHING. PITCH BLACK. I thought.. no way!
********
On a hot day, it would have been incredible to be 100 feet below the ground. The temperature was 50 or 55 in there. Even though it was a bit chilly that day, even after coming up from the cave, it felt wonderful.
****

*******

Bowling has become an interest for me. Ive only ever bowled 3 times in my life, but I'm finding that I actually enjoy it. I can't say I'm all that good, but every time gets a little better.

*******

Sometimes, I really think we all get in such a rut about only doing things we've always done - as in while growing up, that we miss out on things life has to offer. I've found a bowling place that is low key in the sense of atmosphere, which is incredible, for I dont think I'd be as fond of it with LOUD entertainment, drinking, partying etc. So far, so good.

*******

Last but least.......Who fell for the first picture above with the rock climbing?!!? That is some rock climbing that I can't see myself EVER doing. I really would die doing that. So, below is actually more like what was done. Either way, it was very tiring, but FUN!

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cool! I have never tried rock climbing but I did just go bowling for my first time this school year for a teacher/family social night. I was just happy I didn't fall like I have seen so many people do on funniest home videos!