Friday, July 22, 2011

The firsts are always hard...

Though we all celebrated in the joys of Ashley's new life, I wasnt completely prepared for what came afterwards.. ALL the FIRSTS! Sometimes, I dont think we realize how much we take for granted until everything is different and you have to get use to a new normal. I think of all the birthdays, other holidays, family gatherings, etc that we have had this year where Ash was unable to be present, and I know she so desperately had wanted to be, but couldnt! Its been a phase of life we hadnt ever known, until it happened.


*


I think about what makes her unique- her giggle, blonde moments/finally getting jokes hours after they were told and hearing her laughing in a room by herself, to finally hear her say, I just got it. :) Stealing candy, and then coming to me later saying.." I hope you didnt mind, but I ..." She will always be my youngest sister, and Im so grateful to have her a part of my life.



*



I now find that life stops when she calls! I look forward to her surprise/random calls in the middle of the night, catching up on all the details, and/or having web cam conversations. I have found that during these times our relationship has deepened and I truly cherish this!
*
Missing you a lot recently, Ash.. and can't wait until we can be together again!



*






No comments: