Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Part I : The Start of Some Christmas...


These posts will be in phases & likely will be added to, even after posting, of shots when I can get my hands on them :-)

Part 1

Our Christmas trip home was a bit different this year! Instead of going to my family's' first, we met up to celebrate after New Years due to some scheduling conflicts. This allowed us to spend Christmas Day here in CA together, prior to heading east! Normally, for the holidays - any holiday that we spend here, I will without a doubt attempt at a full holiday meal for the 2 of us, if we arent going to the relatives!! It's hard to not be home with family and sit in front a nice, home cooked meal, so we've learned to create our own memories! We would go all out with different dishes that we both have enjoyed growing up, having a TON of variety to choose from, and then enjoy some of the leftovers, well the leftovers that would even be good as leftovers! :-) ;-)

This year, I didn't think it would be best to make a meal with tons of leftovers, and then have them go to waste due to leaving the following night! We decided to go out for our meal and not have to deal with the cleanup! We had different places in mind to check on for holiday hours! (We actually had planned on making phone calls before the day of, but time got away from us!)  To our surprise, our choice of places were either closed for the holiday or had recently permanently closed! We made several phone calls at attempting others with little luck.. I was a bit sad at this point. We finally found Sizzlers to be open and decided this would be where we celebrated :-)




The place was actually quite packed by the time we left, with this being one of the few places open!
Everyone seemed to have the same idea!

*

We came home to do some gift exchanging...:-) 

(Insert photo of us together by the tree when available)





After we finished giving each other our gifts, I wanted to try to get most of the gifts we had to go home wrapped and under the tree. We had so many gifts that were just mailed to NY, so the photo is not nearly complete, but works for me :-)



All the ribbon I didn't curl until arriving home not knowing what condition they would even be in... :-)


Saturday night, we headed East, but had to grab some....


... in the airport before leaving! We actually ordered to go and ate it on the plane! Ahhhhh! 
Do I make any of you jealous of this place?! Nett?

*
(I Think...) We had a layover in Dullas, and was amazed at all their Christmas decorations that were on every corner and all over the ceiling! In fear of people thinking I was capturing shots of them, I tried to grab a few quickly, but these don't do justice! They literally were ALL over! We even tried counting the decorated trees, and lost count pretty quickly. Some of them looked quite played with, etc. It's amazing they looked as good as they did for the amount of people that pass through.





I believe the decorations were still up when passing on our way back home, Jan 9th! I was quite amazed at that! 

No comments: