Friday, February 15, 2008

In Glens Falls

A post a bit late.
*****
I don't know what has gotten into me this winter season, but I have absolutely loved going to our Albany River Rat's hockey games. I have posted several times here, but dont think I included them all. Anyways, this past weekend Ashley's roomate came home with Ash and had several different plans. One being going to a game seeing, for 1) Luba had never been to a hockey game & 2) they were playing Syracuse Crunch. Ash and Luba are going to school in Syracuse so they wanted to see the teams play. There was a change to where the game had to be held because of some home show being held in the Albany arena. With this being so, the game was in Glens Falls.
*******
What a wintery evening, as we were to be hit with several inches of snow that night. Anyone that knows my dad know that a few snow flurries would be enough to keep him home for the evening. He hates anything but perfect weather, but we kept with plans as such. The northway was quite an adventure to say the least. It didn't seem to bother me so much, but as far as the others... I can't quite say that. Right and left, we would see flashing lights off in the distance signaling a warning. Another car off the road and down in the ditch... I mean IN THE DITCH. Snow pounding more as we headed farther north.. oh how exciting.
*******
Sounds crazy, but I was looking forward to a different arena seeing I have only ever been to the Albany one. Dad had warned us that this one only held nearly 5-6,000 people where as Albany held over 20,000. YUP.. definitely much smaller, but who cared. It was the game that I was there for.
********
Here's a few snapshots with my phone camera that were taken.









1 comment:

R. Catton said...

Please tell me my BUV-VIE is NOT sleeping!!