Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Winter Snow

I'm waiting for the moment where we're litterly getting pounded with snow, feel it's too risky to leave the comfort zone of home, and relax. This winter has been VERY weird to say the least. Our first snow fall didn't come until the middle of December if I'm not mistaken. That happened to probably be the biggest for this season too. Since then, the forecasts seem to be more of a wintery mix of sleet, rain, & snow flurries. Most days when I look out the window, I see patches of grass, puddles and mud. Not an attractive winter in my opinion!!!


I'd wanted to pack winter fun in the past couple months and months to come, but at the rate things are going, I'm afraid that wont be happening. I mean, at least not exactly how I would plan it. Some plans have been canceled already, phone calls have been made for other areas with the same type attractions, but no snow! That's all I've heard recently. I guess this winter has come in like a lamb...... BUT BETTER go out like a lion! =) I know some of you probably hate me for saying this, but I'm just eager to make this season worthwhile. Cold weather isn't attractive without snow.


Sometimes, it is nice to go do errands in spring-like weather, WITHOUT a coat in the middle January. There was a 3 day stretch when this happened... but it seemed all too weird.
SO, in December I decided to make my own little wintery world in my room with blue and white lights, snow and lighthouses. At night time, with only those lights on, my room seemed so relaxing to me. Here are a couple snap shots of course during the daylight.

Just this week, I decided to take everything down and put it away. I did contiplate leaving it up for awhile longer to prolong the wintery feeling at least inside, but decided against it. It's time to move on I guess. =/

No comments: