Monday, May 26, 2008

Memorial Day

Welcome to Nicolson, PA
***
This Memorial's Day was celebrated with some relatives in PA, and then my Grandparents came along after speaking at the PVBI graduation. It's seemed completely unreal as to how long it's been since we have been to their home. 9 years ago we helped my Aunt and Uncle move from here in NY to PA, and since then we havent been down. It's pretty sad to say the least, so that is why we jumped on the idea of this for this year.
***
We all had such an incredible time together and was well worth the trip. Dad always liked to be early to pretty much anything that we attend to, so when he told us what time he wanted to leave here for this trip, I guess it didnt completely suprise me. My Uncle and Dad had planned this canoeing trip before eating in the late afternoon, so he wanted to make sure there was plenty of time to be had. The goal was 6AM, but of course we left a few minutes late.
***
We stopped for a quick breakfast on the way, and then I went back to sleeping seeing I didnt get too many hours of rest the night before. A short distance from where the relatives live, we ran into MEGA yard sales, but of course dad wouldn't stop due to the idea "we were already running late." Once the men left, us ladies( My aunt, mom, cousin and I) headed off to see what bargains we could get our hands on. Personally, I'm not a real big yard sale fan, but for the sake of it... I went along.
***
Those of you that know me, know that I love scrapbooking and stamping. Well, I hit a deal in the stamping aspect of things. Walmart or Michael's stamps have a variety of ranges in price - $3-$10 depending on the size and design per piece. Well, I was able to get my hands on 9 stamps (some large and some smaller) for a total of $3.75!!!!!!! I was estatic, to say the least.
Then we headed on to some more. We located this moving sale where EVERYTHING was FREE. How much better can you get there?!!? Most things I couldnt find use for, but the thought was still nice.=)
***
After returning, we proceeded to get our cookout meal together, while the guys were still out.
After they returned, my dad, cousin and I decided to try some 4 wheeling in a huge field behind their property and across the street. I was a bit petrified at first, but once I got going... it was a blast! This ended far too quickly, to say the least. Later, my 13 year old cousin and her neighbor friend had wanted to take me on a little tour through their imaginative fort with individual rooms in the woods. This brought back many memories for me, for I use to do this very thing also. Then crossing across a field where carnavels are held annually, we headed down to the creek. This place was absolutely gorgous to say the least. Being by the water on such a HOT day was so refreshing. Some proceeded to get wet.
***
Anyways, it's been a bit of a tiring day out in the sun, but we had a wonderful time.
***
I have a SLEW of pictures, some of which I will attempt to post when I can figure out what is going on with this camera thats being a bit stubborn today.
***
Until then, hope all had a wonderful, relaxing holiday.

1 comment:

Beka and Bill said...

Great to see a new post!! Sounds like you all had fun!!! Can't wait to see pictures!!!!!

And when are you coming for a visit up here?!!!! hehehehe!