Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Burlington, VT

Back during the summer months, a VT trip was discussed for an upcoming time. We finally were able to pull it off this past Saturday spending most of the day in VT. Unfortunately, work was too hectic to be able to get friday off, so I left 6:30ish Saturday morning after about 3 hours of sleep.
Due to never taking a ferry before, I was anxious to get the opportunity to on this trip. This ferry was the smaller/shorter of the 2 we could have gone on and lasted only about 20 minutes.
Jon, took this snapshot on my camera... but Im curious to know what was so funny?

We, females love to shop most times. Yes, we do! The part that shocks me is that after a full day of shopping, I walked away with absolutley no purchases, other than food.
Church Street Market
Now, this picture is a VERY mild shot compared to when we were there, which means.. I did snatch this pic from the internet seeing I didnt have my camera with me at that time. The place was packed with all sorts of people.. people that made Jon a bit uneasy about being there! So, we walked the 4 blocks for a little bit, but didnt stay long.

We hit some more shopping = Walmart and Michaels and then headed for dinner at....
There was such a long line that it took about 45 minutes to be seated. This was after several people decided they weren't waiting any longer and left. We left about 8:20pm to get back to the ferry for what was the last ferry out at 9pm! Yes, I know.. the sign in the first pic says 9:30, but that was for the other side.

All in all, we had a good time together. Sunday was pretty much spent at church and then over to the "Catton" residence for lunch with the Saxtons! Headed for home Monday morning in time to go to work!
Thanks for having me, Jon & Leah!

3 comments:

Lynette said...

Cool,looks like fun.
Glad your back up and running.

Leah & Jon said...

I do believe I was probably laughing gleefully because you were being bitter about the great shots I got out the sun roof, but I can't be sure of that!

Becky said...

Well, I'm kind of slow so I thought the caption about wondering what was so funny went with the picture above of the ferry schedules at first. I read the signs and looked at the little building in the picture several times very closely trying to figure out what could be funny. I finally concluded it must be an inside joke, then I scrolled down and realized you were talking about Leah's joyful expression! :)