Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A World of Hurting People

Every week, I take time out of my schedule to watch Extreme Makeover online. Some of you may have your own opinions about these type things, so be it. Almost every episode finds me in tears, having a new enriched desire to help others in need. I realize more everyday just how blessed we are, how blessed I AM to have a roof over my head, food on the table, family support & love, friendships, etc while so many others struggle with things beyond my imagination.
*
Everyday, I walk into work.. Im in touch with lives and their emotions, their families, their struggles and trials... and Im reminded of just how good God has truly blessed my life.
Im reminded of things I seem to take for granted, things so minor, but find so easily to complain about. Im reminded of all these things.
*
To me, sometimes it seems like I live in this little box, secluded from all the hurtful things, hardships people face everyday. Believe me, I've thought that before.... especially when my eyes were officially opened through the medical field. You may think... Im eluding that my life is perfect, but surely & truly it isnt. Im just learning to appreciate those precious moments and blessings that others take for granted and far often, lack.... and share them with others.
*
I obviously don't have the talent to build/design a home, but I can always do something to help others, starting with a smile.

3 comments:

REB said...

Wonderful! How refreshing to hear a young person voice such knowledge. God Is Good! I don't know why the whole world doesn't want to serve Him. My life isn't care free either. I just draw up closer to the Master and let Him work things out. It is a JOY to be there for others.........then God Blesses us in many ways that people never see.

onthepc24_7 said...

I really love that show 2. I dont really think anyone stops and looks at what others do go through. I think this world would be alot better if thay did.

The Taylors said...

Well said Aimee. My mother-in-law had some less than nice things to say about it when she watched it with us. But I think if for nothing else, it helps keep like in perspective. We can grow so very self-centered and self absorbed.