Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm BACK....

Mixed Emotions.. to say the least...

It's been a little more than a month now since I started having some major issues with my computer, and wasnt sure if it was going to "pull through" or not. Some rays of hope would be noted, but then it'd take a turn for the worst again. I guess if I'm honest, deep down inside I had hoped it would last a little bit longer even though I've had it for several years now, due to come reasons that have been very dear to me. The sad news is..... last night, I officially took the computer apart to replace it with another desktop.


Now, the amazing thing was.... Circuit City was offering free shipping which was to take about 2 weeks or some other pricey options to choose from! I had debated on spending a little extra money to get my purchase here sooner, but thought... I've waited this long, why not wait a bit longer?! Anyways, so I chose the free option. To my surprise after ordering one morning, mom called the following morning at 9am and told me that a big box had been delivered to my doorstep. I couldn't believe it!!!! I know I never would have known this, but if I had paid extra to "so call " have a quicker delivery.. they would have definitely ripped me off of money, and then I wouldn't be very happy.

So, I'm officially back in business, but still feel a bit saddened due to the changes. I will never forget my very first computer.

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

Welcome back! On the bright side (if there CAN be one in parting with an old friend) you have a new toy, I have never outgrown that joy!! Figuring it out may become annoying but still a new toy.

Becky said...

Though I'm sorry about your old "friend" I have to tell you that I think having a brand, new (I'm sure with more bells and whistles) computer will help and you will quickly get attached to it and feel like you've always had it - hopefully!