Sunday, December 14, 2008

Decorations and Ice

With Christmas quickly upon us, I had been getting pretty anxious to get in the Christmas spirit with decorations. Christmas isn't all about a tree, lights, other decorations, & gifts, but at the same time, things like this help one to feel festive. Our family hasnt ever been one to put our tree up the day after Thanksgiving. Sometimes, I wonder if the tree would be up long enough to enjoy it, so this year to my suprise, after coming home from work last Monday night, through the picture window there was our new tree for this year. I say "new" because... mom decided after 15 years last year, that it was time for a new tree! There has always been one debate held every year between mom and dad. Colored lights or white lights? Personal preference is white with bows, but hey... there is more than just me here! Mom loves white and dad prefers colored. Well, as you can tell by the tree.... Dad won this year.

Just a few decorations around the house...
Take a close look at the "odd" stocking. =) This is our "little man's"
VERY OWN.
Funny thing is, come Christmas day, mom takes the stockings down and places them on the couch due to their heaviness. Rumple, is able to find his very own.. and then sits there protencting it.
*


*


*

*
This past Thursday night, we, along with so many others were hit with a HUGE ice storm. This night , Ange and I were coming home from work late, and pretty much ran into a huge tree that had already managed to fall over across the road. We hadn't seen it until we were litterly right there.
*
Here's a few shots on our property.

*

*
AND then, I was very suprised to see this little bird next to one of our back windows. Can't say I see too many of these right around here!


2 comments:

wolfwatcher said...

Im glad you guys were ok!!! The decorations are definitely awesome, your quite the photographer :-P. That was a sweet picture of the trees, and than the up close photo of the bird!!! Very nice! I am going to have to pick a fight with you though Amy, I guess your mom as well... Your dads right, colored lights all the way :-P. LOL, for real though, I hope this week is going great for you, and that you can feel the sweet Christmas Spirit. Praying for ya, ttyl.

Becky said...

That was an awesome shot of the bird on the snowy/icy branch! I must say that although I'm glad I'm not in that weather it sure looks pretty.
I'm with you and your mom on the lights thing. I like white, Kevin likes colored. If it were up to me I would stick with a color theme as far as garland, beads, and bulbs but as Kay gets older, I have to relent and make it more of a "family" tree then a perfectly coordinated tree.
As far as stockings, we have to do the same thing. We have to wait to fill them because we haven't been able to find stocking holders heavy enough to hold them once they are full so we take them down also once they are filled.