Wednesday, December 24, 2008

I goofed..
This picture should have been my last picture in the last post... as I was trying to go in order as everything happened. Because of this, I was not going to rewrite that whole post just to insert one more picture. ANYWAYS, after the Bible study Christmas party... I had at least 2 hours of wrapping Christmas gifts that needed to get done. I've been so busy getting to this point, making sure I had everything I needed and that everyone was pretty even as far as total pricing goes.
*
Anyways, I did spend about 2 hours wrapping gifts, and then got together all my coworkers gifts to have ready to take in to work, seeing some arent working Christmas day. Here, below is ALL my Christmas gifts that I bought for my family. Mom has always been big in color coordinating gifts either with wrapping paper or gift tags... her system has definitely rubbed off on me=)

Wrapping gets to be very tiring after awhile,
so Im very glad I have just about everything done.
*
Tonight while eating at the party, we had some discussions about everyone's traditions for Christmas day. What would a Christmas day be for you? Are you a early riser, just to rush down and tear into your gifts... before the day ever really gets started? I say this.. because several at the Bible study seem to run their Christmas as such. I seemed to be the most different...
Do you balance everyones total gift prices- Ex: Spending $15.00 or $100.00 on each person /or amount of gifts- Ex: If a person has 5 gifts, everyone has 5 gifts.. regardless of price.
Again, I say this... because I learned some at the Bible study go by # of gifts, rather than price.
It's all very interesting to say the least...

Here is my traditional Christmas day:
Growing up, it was always a BIG deal not to see whats under the tree before we all can go in together. I mean, if we had to use the restroom during the night... mom or dad had to be woken up to walk down with us as we were either blindfolded or shielded from looking. Once morning came, I mean 9 ish or so... mom and dad would come get us out of bed.. take us to the kitchen to eat breakfast together. All the while... we wished we could move this time along. When breakafast was over with and cleaned up, we got dressed and then all head into the living room to have the Bible reading of the Christmas story and then have prayer. This would be the first time we'd see the gifts that day. While little, even the devotions seemed to drag on and on... then FINALLY.. it was time for gifts. Stockings were always handed out first and opened together. Then, all of the gifts that I bought for the family would be handed out..while I Watched each of them open their gifts. Next, All ange's gifts handed out.. for her to watch open. Finally, Ashley's gifts she had bought for the family were handed out.. From that point on.. the rest were from mom and dad.. and a few snuck in from "Santa" ( as still is the case...) Everyone would be handed 1 gift- Mom and Dad to us/ Mom and Dad to each other.. then, all would open their 1 gift. We would continue as such, for say.. what seemed like 15 to 20 more rounds. Once all was complete, clean up time was at hand... then we usually would get ready to head over to my Grandparents for Christmas dinner.. and another family Christmas in the afternoon/evening.
To this day, or at least as of last year... Ash still doesnt like seeing the gifts until she absolutely has to... she still will turn her face to avoid a peripheral peek. It's cute.

1 comment:

wolfwatcher said...

it definitely is interesting to hear every ones different traditions, no doubt! I never thought there would be so many different ways to celebrate the same thing :-P.