Monday, March 9, 2009

Update

For those of you who have been curious to know exactly what I've been up to, I thought I'd take a few minutes to share. First off, no... Im not moving at this time, just had moved out "temporarily" so that the carpet I had bought could be layed. This was done last friday after some hard work moving/packing everything up throughout the week. With this new carpet, I personally feel like my room has taken on a new look... and those that have been here, understand where I am coming from. Since friday, I set up my computer on the floor just to have access until I purchase my new desk, while my mattress from my old bed was laying in the center on the floor. Nothing much else was being allowed back in. When I think of a new facelift... everything has to be new, and Ive been determined to do just that.
*
So, phase II of my project has been to find a bedroom set to finally call my own. Since last week, I have done some online searching for styles in which I might like, which would hopefully help in making my final choice easier when I actually was searching throughout the stores itself. I had about 5 options of different styles that were of interest, but one of them stood out more. The thing of it was... I saved the photo, but had forgotten even where I had found it (what store) and thought, "Well, at least I can be keeping an eye out for something along these lines... and go from there." So, tonight I convinced Mom and Ash to go along as opinionators (because I need them, since making decisions is very difficult for me, once I narrow it down.) I need to know I have the support of something that I like, or else I seem to second guess my decision. I try to keep in mind though, as much as they may not be sold on something, what matters most is that I like it.
So, anyways... I've been to 3 different huge furniture stores to compare furniture, and the last one I went to, I found exactly what I had been looking for. Any of the other sets I had seen was being compared to this mental photo that I had on my computer back home.
It wasn't until I actually got home and pulled up that photo... that I realized how close in style it actually was. I had taken a snap shot while at the store, but everything was soo condensed.. so I decided to share the original photo I found online.
*
What makes it even more convincing that "this was meant to be" is... I had gone to the website of the store I had purchased my set from.... and no where could I find this photo from this store, meaning.. it's possible to of come from a completely different place, and I found one very similar somewhere else. This also was the very first bedroom set that the associate showed me, which instantly caught my attention.
*
Today, was tax free day, free delivery and setup, and 1 year of free financing.
Now, can you beat that?
*
So, here is the photo I had saved online... the arrangement is spread out to
get a better idea as to what it really looks like.


Sooo looking forward to next tuesday so that I can make some true headway with my room.. and get things back in order.

8 comments:

Becky said...

Very classy! I like it (not that it matters whether I do or not but anyway...)

wolfwatcher said...

It definitely was a good choice! Beautiful set Aimee!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh- thank you for posting about what was going on for those who are nosy like me.

I love it- great choice!!

Lynette said...

Very nice set.I'm sure that will be refreshing to get that all put back together.

Beka and Bill said...

Nice cuz! Can't wait to see pics of the finished room!!! Yayyy!

Anonymous said...

Hi Aimee..I was one of the "curious ones", too - I asked your Mom when your folks were here Sun. if you were moving :-). Looks like you're doing a great job on the "makeover". Enjoy! Marilyn

Leah & Jon said...

I LOVE it!! It looks really nice! What all pieces did you get?

Leah & Jon said...

Yeah, contrary to what people may think, I lurk around out here in the BLOG world. I just rarely comment. :-)