Wednesday, January 21, 2009

NYS Inspections....
*
I probably shouldn't elude to the fact that most things about cars, I havent a clue about! There has always been a big push from my parents to check my oil and other fluids that may go into a car, but honestly..that isnt something that is forfront on my mind. I know, I know... if you run empty on certain fluids, you are in for BIG trouble!
*
I don't know if it's just a female thing or what, but as long as the car has gas, I figure it will go wherever I take it... I don't usually think about all the other "should be obvious important" things that help a car run smoothly. I know, Im bad/irresponsible - however you want to look at it. It's not done intentional, but it's just something that doesnt stick. Sometimes, I think I might be getting better at the whole deal, but then other times, Im just not sure.
*
I'm forever told Im inexperienced, and my guess is that I will ALWAYS be in someone's eyes.
I guess when someone has enough years on you, they feel as such.
*
ANYWAYS, last week.. I made a trip to Syracuse, during the snow storm of all things. It was brought to my attention that I was driving an uninspected car- which had been for about 2 months now. I was completely shocked at the news not having a clue that this was the case!! I've always seen 2 stickers to the lower left windshield, but only ever look at the largest of the 2, you know the one with BIG black numbers that stands out. To me, this read November 2009. I always thought I was safe until then. The problem being, that was the registration, not the inspection sticker. The inspection sticker(in RED) originally read Novemer 2008. The new stickers out are strictly blue or silver(silver being strictly January renewal dates, I think.)
*
Mind you, this wasn't in the slightest bit a bother to me my whole trip out there- BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW, and the instant, I found out.. I was petrified of getting pulled over on the way home or running into a ditch due to the lack of visibility with pounding snow & having a cop rescue me. The whole way home I stressed.. and then refused to take my car out when I needed to. From that moment on, I was checking everyone else's cars to see just how obvious their BLUE/silver inspection stickers were, and concluded that I would have been sunk if ever a cop passed me!
*
A call was made to our mechanics only to find out that they were booked for a WHOLE week. That's not what I needed to hear, because I needed my car! Anyways, I was determined not to use it until then regardless, so thanks to Ange for the use of hers. I was able to get where I needed to. It wasn't until today that my car was FINALLY inspected & able to be picked up.
*
To my suprise, the mechanic asked me a question....." Did you ever notice some rattling up front that seemed to aggrevate you any?" I was like, "why yes actually!" "Well, we replaced a tube that was causing the problem!" I was forever grateful for this.
Once home, I asked mom & dad if they had mentioned anything to the mechanic about my rattling noises, and to their knowledge, nothing had been said. I concluded that I had a very GOOD & thoughtful mechanic to fix that also.
*
Now relieved, here is proof that the car is up-to-date with an inspection=)

=)

4 comments:

wolfwatcher said...

Im glad thats two less things off your shoulders! As far as people saying your inexperienced, thats no good. If its at your job, you have patients that request Aimee! You are a light in their dark worlds! You have ministry with them! And knowing you, you do an excellent job and put a lot of hard hours in! I think thats more important than experience.

On a side note, Psalms 46 is simply amazing!!! "Be still and know that I am God, I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." vs.10

Aimee said...

No, being inexperienced is strictly with driving! It's not a big deal.. because obviously Im not up on everything & I know it!

Becky said...

Why you criminal you anyway! :) (Just joking) Glad you got things taken care of before you had any problems.

onthepc24_7 said...

Hmm I cant think of what the tube would be...you know what it was?