Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Reminiscing...

Do you ever find yourself reminiscing...??? As of recent, I have! Not too long ago while the family was cleaning out some much needed things before company was to come, I came across some 3 1/2 inch floppy disks ( What? Yup, we still have them laying around=) ) but didn't have the foggiest idea as to what was on them. Popping one in, I found some of these scanned pics that are below reminding me of some times past. Most of these are very difficult to see, but because I'm reminiscing... they are going on here anyways.
It's definitely amazing how much time changes things, people, some friendships. We all once had so much free time compared to life today. At the snap of a finger, we made plans to get together, spent hours on the phone, met up at camps, church, school, etc. Now... most of us have gone our seperate ways- living new lives, and only hearing through a "little bug" what's going on. Some of us have stayed in contact, just not as often as we'd like. Life has become busy and sometimes complicated when it comes time to try making plans/ working around everyones' schedules.
Some of you... I haven't heard from in years, and I wonder what's changed, why the distance??
I have these moments when I think of you guys and only wish we could relive past times or at least bring things to the present. However things are, I want you to know that you've played a special part of my life, and for that I thank you.
Just because your picture isn't on here, doesn't mean you've been forgotten. It just means that I apparently haven't found your scanned pic yet. HA.
.PICTURES.

Megan Marshall & I at someone's reception.... not sure who's though.


Youth Convention activity


This was my sunday school class in '99. Back row from left: Liz Stewart ( Mosier), Victor Swint, Glenn Quintana, Tom Bowman. Front: Trisha David ( Mincer) and myself.

Amalia Stancavage ( and her married name now, I can't remember...) Mali and I went to school together and worked @ Customer Service in the mall together. She actually pulled some strings to get me in. =) Those actually were some nice times... We were each others personal psychologists too.

Kimmie Lindell on left- we also went to school together. We definitely were buddies throughout high school, and were like everyone else.. promising each other we'd never lose touch. It wasn't until just recently that we've contacted each other again.


This was a Harvest Fest @ Hallenbeck's barn near Halloween time several years ago. Liz and Trish were on either side of me.


Before a Sunday School picnic @ Thatcher's Park

Downstairs in our Junior Church... Ashley, Danielle, Ange, Liz and myself. WOW, I can't believe my "afro..." that was definitely part of times past. =)

Here we all are crunched in the back of someone's van. Left to Right: Aimee, Trisha, Latoya ( I MISS YOU..) Ange, and Jamie.

Aimee & Liz

One of the VERY first Youth camps before the banquet, Im assuming.. Danielle, Ange, Victor, Kelly and Ginny. I MISS YOU GINNY...


This was one of the few times I was up front playing the clarinet. It was such a squeeky mess=)


I believe these are some of the cousins @ our Grandparent's 40th Anniversary celebration. Ange, Donnie, Rachel, Beth and Sandy.


2 comments:

Melanie said...

Hey cuz! I had no idea that you had a blog. I just saw your name over on Beka's blog. I'm going to have to look through your posts.

I do this reminiscing often too. It is sad how we always promise our friends that we'll stay in touch and we usually never do.

Stop by my blog sometime!

Beka and Bill said...

Hiya Cuz! Loved the reminiscing and photos to look at! It is fun to do!! And yes we all miss those people we wish we would of stayed in touch with from our past...