Thursday, July 10, 2008

Laser Tag

A group from Rockwood & Schenecaty (mainly) had made plans to go play laser tag after dinner. Some planned on heading over about 6pm, while some of us wanted to go out for dinner first, so we decided to meet at 7pm. Trying to come up with a place everyone was in agreeance with to eat at was very hard to say the least!!! Some of us wanted a sit down restaurant, while others were a bit short on cash, so in the end we ended up grabbing fast food...to balance things out. By the time we had decided, too much time had passed to really relax & enjoy a sit down place to eat at.
****
At dinner, Bethany was suppose to meet up with Ginny & myself (along with EVERYONE else), but didnt, then were suppose to play this tag. I have never played laser tag before in my life, but have been curious as to what it was all about for some time now. Ginny was having some dizzy spells at the time (which get worse in darkness) and Bethany just didnt show up and went shopping instead. When I do something for the first time, I need/want people to be there and go through it with me. Needless to say, my support wasn't there. Yes, there were plenty of people there - church people, but still.... most everyone else had played before & that wasn't a comforting thought to me.
****




Overall, I absolutely loved playing!!! It took me a bit to figure out exactly when I was hitting someone vs. not and someone hitting me, but when the time came for the game to end.. I wasn't ready for it to. It definitely was an experience... and enjoyed every moment.
*****
*I was the terminator*

1 comment:

Becky said...

Cool! That is something I have wanted to do for a long time now. Kevin wants to take me but usually when we have "come across" one of those places we have a toddler in tow. :) Oh well - someday.