Thursday, July 10, 2008

The Mobile Home... =)

Conference is always a time in which I enjoy being at, mainly for the reason of seeing friends that live far enough away that I'm doing good seeing them once a year, if that. This is why cell phones are such a blessing=) Anyways, due to starting my full time position within the past month, I was not planning on being at conference, figuring I wouldn't get lucky enough for it to land on my 1 day off in a given week. To my suprise, I had tuesday off, which of course is the MAIN day of conference.
******
After working the night before, I didnt get around to getting over there til about noon. This was fine though. Ginny's family, Nevells and myself.. grabbed some lunch out, and then wasted a bunch of time trying to plan our day. It was as if... one person was to make all the decisions.. but there wasn't one person that wanted to do this, so we went back to camp to see what was going on, sat in conference and listened to the voting for a while... while it stormed out. Boy, did it downpour! After the rain stopped for a bit, we decided to wander around the grounds... and found this.... by the dining hall. I had to smile....
"MYERS RETIREMENT MOBILE HOME"


This is their motor car...and behind it is their sidewalk of toilet paper

At present, my Grandparents have retired as "Conference President" and are to be moving soon, but havent found a place that suites their fancy yet. The young people took it upon themselves to help them out a little bit. At break time, they both came walking though... and smiled at everyones creativity. So.... if nothing else, they have a place to live. HAHAHA!!

2 comments:

Becky said...

I'm so glad you got (and posted) those pictures. My mom told me all about it yesterday and I asked her if anyone got pictures. Thanks for sharing. Glad you got to make it to conference and have some fun with friends!

Ike said...

wow, cool, i'm on your blog!