Saturday, July 12, 2008

Nursing Comics etc.

Ive just come through one of the worst times ever in my nursing history, so the nursing topic seems to have been forfront on my mind today. I thought I would try to look at it from a different perspective- a lighter note/brighter side... and came across these little comics that I thought I would share=)
*****
You KNOW you are a nurse when.......
*****
You believe that all bleeding stops ... eventually.
You find humor in other people's stupidity.
Your idea of fine dining is anywhere you can sit down to eat.
You get an almost irresistible urge to stand and wolf your food even in the nicest restaurants.
Your diet consists of food that has gone through more processing than most computers.
You believe chocolate is a food group.

You have the bladder capacity of five people.
You disbelieve 90% of what you are told and 75% of what you see.
You have your weekends off planned for a year in advance.
You encourage an obnoxious patient to sign a self discharge form so you don't have to deal with them any longer.
You believe that "shallow gene pool" should be a recognized diagnosis.
You believe that unspeakable evils will befall anyone who utters the phrase "Wow, it's really quiet isn't it".
You threaten to strangle anyone who even starts to say the "q" word when it is even remotely calm.
You say to yourself "great veins" when looking at complete strangers at the grocery store.
You have ever referred to someone's death as a transfer to the "Eternal Care Unit".
You have ever had a patient look you straight in the eye and say "I have no idea how that got stuck in there".
You have ever had to leave a patient's room before you begin to laugh uncontrollably.
Your favorite hallucinogen is exhaustion.
You think that caffeine should be available in I/V form.
You believe the waiting room should be equipped with a Valium fountain.
You play poker by betting ectopics on ECG strips.

You believe that waiting room time should be proportional to length of time from symptom onset.
Your most common assessment question is "what changed tonight to make it an emergency after 6 hours / days / weeks / months / years)?".
You have ever had a patient control his seizures when offered some food.

You shock someone with an unrecognizable rhythm ... until you get one you DO recognize.
You have ever referred to someone's death as a 'transfer to part 3 accomodation'.
You call subcutaneous emphysema "Rice Krispies".

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

Oh, sadly, I am laughing, that resonates so much and I am not even a nurse (all the way :P done my share of their work).

Sheri Brewer said...

I think that is hilarious! The sad part is that on about half of them I was thinking, yes I have heard/thought that.