Friday, August 29, 2008

BEWARE

An addition to my last post with the floral arrangement that I had sent this week, it dawned on me about as soon as I had sent my order in that I never signed my name so they would know who it was from! Some websites I had been looking at, had an extra slot where you were required to sign "something" in the signature box, but as far as FTD.com, I had to just put it within the message. Obviously that slipped my mind. I wasnt sure what to do at this point...and because it was going to be delivered the same day, I couldnt edit my order. I mean you feel weird calling to somehow feel someone out to see if they recieved any delivery, let alone make someone feel pressured to say thank you. It is always nice to have someone appreciate something you have done for them, but it means so much more to have them say so themselves. Ya know?! Anyways... nothing had been said all week, and I guess I shouldn't have expected to get a phone call, when they wouldnt have a clue as to who sent them in the first place... without a name! At the same time, something just didn't feel right about the whole thing, so I gathered enough nerve to call and see if it would come up in conversation. Most important, I wanted to make sure the delievery was made! Then it happened.......... My world turned upside down for a little while. This is how it went....!
Nothing came up on it's own about getting any delivery, so I just had to ask! "Heidi, did you get any deliveries this week?" Actaully, yes... she goes.. " I got an arrangement of flowers on wednesday, but I dont know who they are from because there was no name!" So, I played along.. and asked, well what did they look like?? Well, it has a clear vase with little flowers painted on it... and the flowers were dark red, pink, yellow and white, with baby breath and ferns. I knew right away something was wrong... and I was fit to be tied. You mean, the vase isnt green with a purple pokadot ribbon tied around it?? No, she said. I just couldnt believe what I was hearing... I then went on to say they were actually from me and tried to explain exactly what I ordered and that it wasn't even close to what was delivered. I was soooooo embarrassed, mortified, and upset!
****
Who could get an order that WRONG????? Here are the 2 pictures so you can compare what I ordered versus what was delievered. I had her take a pic on her cell phone and send it to me right away.
I was so upset... I mean, whats the point in spending time online to find something that you really like, spend the money for it to help brighten someone else's day.. and find out that what was delivered wasnt even what was ordered! I have my own tastes as far as arrangements go and would have NEVER picked that arrangement if it were there to pick from! Im definitely not a fern person, the flowers looked so different, and SO incredibly SLOPPY!!!!!!!! Heidi, gave me the phone number to the local florist that was picked by FTD.com to deliver my arrangement. Now, mind you... I am not one to make phone calls to order things or go to the a place to tell them exactly what I want, when I really havent a clue, knowing I have people waiting in line behind me. I hate the uncomfortable feeling that this brings on. Im not one to create problems/ or be vocal about them, but would rather go on my merry way staying out of people's way. I mean, it's just who I am. IF it were someone I were really close to, that might be a different story. I know it can be unhealthy to just let people walk all over you...for there are times in which you need to stand up for whatever the case may be.
***
ANYWAYS, this is becoming a long venting matter to say the least, but Im trying to hurry. We all know, when I talk.. every detail needs to be said or else I dont feel like I've told the story=)
So, I got on the phone and made my case with the lady in the florist shop. It appears that the one I had talked with, was actually the one that made the arrangement. She was the sweetest, most understanding lady.. and explained what happened. She said... FTD.com sends the name of the arrangement that was ordered and the recipients information to send it, but will not send any of the "buyers" info because they do not want "Randolph's (The local florist) to take me as their customer. She went on to say.. "I knew I didnt have a green vase like that or some of the flowers.. and I didnt even know what the arrangement was to look like until I did some major searching on the webite to find it. I called FTD.com and told them that I didnt have what was needed to make this arrangement.. and they gave me the ok to substitute other flowers/vase within that price range to create a new bouquet." Then I piped in... and said..well who are THEY to give the ok to substitute another arrangement... they didnt buy it?!?!?!?!?!? If they refused to give any contact info to you guys.. then they should have at least made me aware of the situation to let me have the final say! I could have then decided whether to go ahead with the new arrangement or cancel my order... to then find another place! The lady perfectly understood... and strongly encouraged me to never go through a place like that again, and to go directly through the local florist, where they can have access to the contact info.. to do things the professional way. She said that she had done everything she could with the limited info she had.. and that ultimately, I would have to contact FTD to get to the base of the problem! I thanked her for her time etc.. and got off.
****
I checked the FTD website where they gave an email address through customer service and wrote them a nice little email. Waiting to see what they will do about it.. my guess is nothing.. because in the fine print in one of their policies I was made aware that they can give permission to substitute another arrangement. The situation wouldnt be so upseting if they wouldnt have taken it upon themselves to make my decisions. It's like... why bother look/decide on arrangements to order if you know that you wont be ultimately getting it in the end anyways.
****
BEWARE.... of websites that pick your floral shop to deliver like FTD.com
So, FTD is afraid of Randolph's taking me as a customer, eh? Well, FTD just LOST me as a customer because I WILL NEVER go through them again!
***
ALSO... always check up with the people who recieved the arrangement, have them explain what they recieved and take a picture. FTD apparently didnt think someone like me would check up on them! Boy, were they WRONG!
***
It's so pathetic!

2 comments:

Becky said...

How frustrating! I know exactly what you mean though - I would fume and gripe for weeks but I probably wouldn't have even made the call to start with - I'm so bad about that (it's only been in the last couple of years where I will order a sandwhich without something I don't like on it - I always just felt bad and thought it was too much of a bother for the poor people working there so I would just pick stuff off myself - as weird as that sounds.)

onthepc24_7 said...

WoW thats crazy...that happen to my sister one time..thay sent her something that was not even close to what she wanted to give...well thanks for the info...I will never get anything from them now.