Saturday, August 16, 2008

Not So Green Now....

Alright, just for a little update and a bit calmer image.=)
I feel I am starting to come out of the woods a little bit. My sore throat is nearly gone and the feeling of being run over by a truck 50 times has seemed to pass too. My energy is starting to pick up a bit, but my appetite not so much yet. My coughing still sounds like it's coming from my toes and I haven't seemed to "catch my nose" yet either. Ya know the song from "Southern Gospel" I think, where it mentions... "Mama sang bass, Daddy sang tenor?" Well, as much as Im not a momma... my voice is about as Bass as you can get, which has caused many head turns at work. Yes, I did try going into work today...seeing it was my weekend to work & couldn't bear the thought of calling in. It didnt take too long before I had nurses right and left telling me that I shouldn't be there and that they were planning on calling the supervisor to see about me going home. One of the nurses offered to stay until 11 just so I could go home! The thing is, once you are at work, you aren't suppose to leave unless you have found coverage! I didn't even have to look for coverage, for I had people offering to just stay. "Aim, you need to go home... you sound horrible!!!" Now, isn't that just something nice to say?! Anyways, so I left.. came home and grabbed something to eat, seeing I hadn't eaten a blessed thing all day. Once again, no appetite.
*
Yesterday, as I already mentioned... I had my annual physical. Ya know how when some things go wrong, say with your car.... and you take your vehicle to the mechanics to have it checked out.. and they can't seem to find the problem/hear it for that matter?! Well, I get to the doctors and all my symptoms became very minor. I couldn't believe it! The PA went through the physical... never even asking if I was sick. I guess I either hid it well or something! I had kinda planned on trying to hide it because it was suppose to be a "well checkup" and I wasnt sure if they would then consider it that anymore, make me reschedule, etc. Ya know how they are with getting their money out of you! They can't do too many things in one visit...! Then, I found out that my Tetnus shot was due again... I couldn't believe it had been 10 years already. I remember getting my previous one when starting high school.

Friends at school would complain at how their arm felt as if it weighed a ton and hurt for days... Well, it felt like any other shot to me from what I remember! It wasn't until the nurse went to give me this shot yesterday, that I was reminded of the possible side effects. She goes.." Now, this shouldnt hurt much now, but will later tonight and if it becomes really bad for you, feel free to take some tylenol or put some ice packs on the site." I thought, there shouldn't be any problems.. Well, this time it was a different story. I wouldn't necessarily say my arm feels as if it weighs a ton, but every time I move it, it's VERY tender! They seem to like to put them in the dominant arm too...so that the muscle is worked good. Anyways, other than that... I'm holding my own and just trying to get back on my feet completely!

Will probably try attempting work again tomorrow... if all goes well. Hopefully some decent sleep will do the trick!

1 comment:

onthepc24_7 said...

Eww I dont like shots. I had one I think it was last year. it did hurt after.