Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bible Study

Our original Youth group leader of several years ago has decided to start a Bible study where it's just not limited to one denomination of people/church etc.. and has been looking to help provide fellowship with/for young people. He invited a young guy from his church at Sonrise Baptist, Liz- one of my dearest girl friends, and myself to start things off. Tonight, (tuesday actually.. after getting back from Syracuse) was a night in which we discussed just how we want this Bible study to run, what we want to expect/get out of it, group ideas for activites, etc.. then had a little devotional, played Pictionary - guys against girls- which turned out to be the most competitive/close game of pictionary I've ever played & which might I add... Liz & I WON! =) Then we had a snack.
*
Sometimes I feel like we all live in our own "little box/world," become too busy to set time aside for fellowship, and miss out on opportunities to be there for others. Some people also seem to have their own little clicks where others arent even thought of. It's time that we all band together & reach out to others in fellowship!
*
We've decided that every other tuesday evening we're going to get together with anyone who wants to come.. I think about all the young people in churches that have walked through their doors, stay for a little while... and before we know it.. slip through our fingers. What are we doing as a "church world" to make them feel comfortable, feel involved, etc? This was such a refreshing time tonight socializing with young people that either you don't see often or have never met before.
*
Looking forward to seeing just where this will go.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

AMEN!! Wished I lived closer so that I could be in the bible study..

Becky said...

I am not teasing you when I say this but "preach it sister". Seriously, you are SO SO right and I admire your efforts to do something about it! Way to go!