Sunday, August 31, 2008

FTD Response



Thank you for your recent purchase from FTD.COM for Heidi S. We received your email regarding a substitution to your first choice selection and apologize for any misunderstanding regarding our substitution policy. Substitution is sometimes necessary to ensure your gift is delivered in a timely manner. When it is necessary to substitute, the utmost care and attention is given to your order to ensure that it is as similar as possible to the requested item. For floral arrangements, our policy allows for flowers of equal or greater value to be substituted to convey the same overall look, feel, and color scheme of the arrangement.
*
A more detailed policy on substitution may be found on our website. 1) From the Home Page, click on "customer service". Then, click on "What is FTD.COM's substitution policy". 2) The substitution policy may also be viewed from the product page. Click on the words "Substitution Policy" underneath the large picture of the product
*
Thank you for shopping with FTD.COM.

Sincerely,
Lynnae
http://custserv.ftd.com/
*****
I knew this was going to being what would give them a leg to stand on! I know there is always fine print regardless of what you are ordering, etc.. but my goodness... who always reads the fine print?! I don't. When you've done this multiple of times and havent had near the problems, especially having something so vastly different delivered, I guess you dont think about the possibilities of it happening to you.
*****
Where is professionalism anymore? Wouldn't it be out of curtesy to at least notify me of the changes before going ahead to give the ok for something I DIDN'T order?!?!?!?
Anyways, the issue is over & Im letting it go now... but I've definitely taken a lesson from it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey thought i would leave you a little comment letting you know I was lurking around on your blogspot! Hope things are going well for you....Beth

The Taylors said...

Ugh, how irritating, I LOVE the way they apologize for your misunderstanding, so much for "customer is always right" I spent just enough to in a flower shop that I have NOT likely never will order flowers via FTD or any other similar venue.
There was a bouquet that came into work last week that I SOOO wanted to call the sender and let her know what actually arrived (the recipient has Alzheimer's and didn't know). I don't know what she ordered but I DO know the family well enough to know THAT wasn't it and that they had spent a fair amount of money, it was the worst I have seen in a while. I decided it probably wasn't any of my business so I pulled them all out myself and recut them.

Anonymous said...

Since you paid for it with a credit card, you can always call your credit card company and tell them to dispute the purchase, and so you don't have to pay for it.

R. Catton said...

I just noticed your countdown to the "Miracle on the Oval" on Sept. 20th. Thanks for putting it on your blog. Can't wait to walk with you! Love, Auntie