Sunday, August 10, 2008

My Class

This is my Sunday School Class...I've been meaning to for some time now to snap a few shots of the children at their Sunday best. My Aunt actually teaches the class and I'm her assistant! We have a pretty good little bunch who are eager to learn & listen. Lately, things have been a bit rambuncious, but with a few reminders, they've been great!
Craft time comes after prayer, singing and a little story. They were getting ready to make a little book with pictures that represent how "Good God Is." Our lessons recently have had an emphasis of just how Good God Really is, what his attributes are, etc. Here, they were trying to pick 4 pictures of their choice to add to their little book. Children and decisions are a bit of a handful at times. Some want more than four, others say "she/he took mine" or I don't want that one. I want the one she has!
The little girl in the pretty light blue has just started coming about 3 weeks ago. Her name is Michal, and wants to be called "Mikey" for short. She seems to be pretty bright and somewhat knowledgable in Bible things/ songs, which is wonderful. She's always thinking and saying things on her mind. At the begining of class as we passed around the little offering container, after the money was distributed amoungst the kids, she asks the teacher:
M: "What's this money for anyways?
Teacher: It's to put in the offering for Jesus.
M: Well, what's Jesus going to do with the money?
Teacher: He's going to let us use it to buy supplies for Sunday School.
M: Oh, so that's whos taking my money at home!

*

My little buddy Noah who is about 1 1/2, turing 2 in January. He had a bit of a rough morning, but finally calmed down-sitting there like a little big boy=) Shahiim is so cute also! Most times, he'll come trailing in 1/2 way through class time as we're coloring pictures or making a craft. Well, today I saw the door slightly open and I had a good idea as to who it was, then it shut. I waited a moment.. then went to see. He was hidding behind the door as I peered around. When he finally walked in, he was trying to tiptoe behind Aunt Charolette to scare her. He's just so cute.
Children are a gift from God & have such great potential. If only their tender hearts would stay tender in their growing up years. This month sometime, I think around August 24th or so, we are having our moving up Sunday. Most of this class will be moving up, and we'll be starting fresh with another bunch.

2 comments:

The Taylors said...

Kids, I have on that LOVES giving offering but as she watches everyone putting their money in says "yeah, but you are going to give it back after class right?" Similar discussions have ensued about "giving the money to God." I guess this is terrible but I have given that up and say "that is how we buy candy and craft stuff and send money to kids who don't have enough food to eat" Since it has become quite evident that as of yet, I am NOT going to be able to take that money up to heaven and deliver it to it's rightful owner! :-) Kids sure do keep life fres don't they?

Beka and Bill said...

Hi Cuz! Love your new page background!! It looks great!!! Kids are adorable and do keep you hopping! Come north for a visit sometime!! (When I don't have to work!!hehehe)